How to Invest in Land with No Capital in 2024
Are you interested in being a land investor but thought it wasn’t possible (yet) due to lack of capital? Here at Land Academy, we believe that no good deal should go to waste – so we set out to solve that problem.
As you read this, it might seem like a lot. Remember that at Land Academy, we teach you everything you need to know to be a pro at this.
Land Academy’s Deal Funding
In the realm of real estate investment, the initial capital requirement is a significant barrier to entry for many aspiring investors. Years ago, Land Academy co-founders Jill DeWit and S. Jack Butala decided to remove that barrier by funding our members’ deals.
How it Works
- Education: Begin with Land Academy’s education to get professional-level knowledge on land investment and deal analysis. While you aren’t required to be a Land Academy member to have your deal funded, it absolutely makes you stand apart. If you have been through the Land Academy education, you know what you’re talking about.
- Submit Your Deal for Funding: Once you’ve identified a promising land deal, submit it to Land Academy’s deal funding platform HERE. Make sure you have done thorough due diligence and comping. If you wouldn’t fund this deal for someone else, chances are we won’t fund it for you – so please only submit deals that pass your tests.
- Review: Our team reviews your submission. We may approve it for funding, deny it, or ask you for additional research or to renegotiate the deal.
- Funding and Sales: When your deal is funded, we will work together to manage the acquisition process. We fund deals 100%, or if you would like to fund part of the deal yourself we’re happy to work with you on a split that works. Once the property closes on the buy side, it’s time for you to get the property listed! As offers come in we will all review and decide which to accept.
- Get paid: Once an offer is accepted, the property enters escrow again. When the sale closes, you are paid your profit out of escrow. That’s it. No money ever needs to leave your pocket for funding the deal.
The Deal Funding Advantage
This opens up real estate investment to those who may not have substantial savings or access to traditional financing options. It’s an opportunity to leverage the power of knowledge and hard work, rather than capital, as your entry ticket into the world of real estate. The most significant barrier for new investors – initial capital – is removed, allowing you to participate in land deals without financial strain.
PRO TIP: We have Land Academy members who are funding deals too, including some that are ONLY here to fund other members’ deals. Check out some of the deals our members are funding for each other by clicking here.
Why It’s a Smart Strategy
- Risk Mitigation: By not using your own money, you mitigate personal financial risk, making it an ideal starting point for new investors. You’re also getting the benefit of having multiple very experienced eyes on your deal, so the likelihood of missing something in your valuation or due diligence is very slim.
- Learning by Doing: There’s no better way to learn than by being actively involved in real deals. Deal funding offers a hands-on experience under the guidance of seasoned professionals.
- Growth and Scalability: Without the constraint of personal capital, you can work on more deals and on multiple deals simultaneously, scaling your investments more rapidly.
Does this mean you can call up Jill and tell her to send mail for you because you’re ready to go? No. This is still all about building your business, not a hobby. You still need to invest the time in your education, and save up funds to get your mailer our the door. We can give you the education, tools, and support – but you still need to do the work.
Your Investment Journey
Starting as a Land Academy investor with no money down is not only possible but can be the launch pad for your investment career. By leveraging deal funding, you can do more deals faster. This means that you can build up your own funds to fund your future deals – or you can continue using deal funding and leave the risk to your funder.
As Jill always says, there is a lot more money than talent. Having the skill set and drive to find the deals puts you ahead of the curve. No good deal will go unfunded in our group.
Ready to take the plunge and call yourself an investor in 2024?